One of the speakers on my 32 inch LCD TV has a really audible buzzing/rattling/vibrating at loud scenes in movies and games and I have the feeling its blown out. How much would it cost to replace the internal speaker or speakers in my TV?
Need to replace the LCD screen on your BB 8700g? Is your blackberry 8700g display crack, smashed, damage or just not working? Then repair the screen yourself. Some things the other PDA/LCD screen replacement videos left out. Why not tell of two clips that are essential to taking the back off? Why only show and tell about the take apart? Then nothing of putting it back together. So here is some tips I learned the hard way.
Before you replace the display LCD on the 8700g, you will need a new one. You can buy Blackberry 8700g screens on eBay for a pretty good price. Check out some of the ones available below:
Blackberry 8700 8700c 8700g 8703e LCD Display Screen Original Replacement Parts
Time Remaining: 29d 5h 10m
Buy It Now for only: $5.74
Buy It Now
Msi A5000 040Us Replacement Laptop 156 LCD LED Display Screen Matte
Time Remaining: 15d 23h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $59.45
Buy It Now
Msi A5000 040Us Replacement Laptop 156 Lcd LED Display Screen
Time Remaining: 15d 22h 55m
Buy It Now for only: $57.99
Buy It Now
Is the LCD screen on your Samsung glyde dead? Is the back light no longer working? Is the LCD screen cracked on your Samsung U940? Don’t panic or throw it away. You can replace the LCD screen assembly yourself for about 60 dollars. Not the cheapest but it beats paying 200 dollars for a new Samsung Glyde.
The following how to guide will show you the steps you need to follow to replace the LCD screen and the touchscreen together in one piece.
Size 0 Phillips
Guitar pick, credit card, or pry tool. These are used to pop the covers off
Soldering iron. There are 2 small spots on the Flex cable that need to be de-soldered.
Buy a replacement Samsung Glyde U940 LCD screen on EBay. They have the lowest price by about 50 dollars. Check out the ones listed below.
|No items matching the keyword phrase "u 940 front housing display lcd" were found. This could be due to the keyword phrase used, or could mean your server is unable to communicate with Ebays RSS2 Server.
- Power down phone
- Remove battery cover and battery
- remove 6 screws on back cover
- Use guitar pick and slide around bottom cover to release plastic lock points
- lift back cover up and slide forward to release from headphone jack
- disconnect 3 connectors on main board
- disconnect camera connector
- disconnect antenna cable
- disconnect keyboard connector
- Gently lift main board up towards battery compartment. Be careful as the flex cable connector is underneath
- disconnect flex cable connector
- Set main board to the side.
- gently pry and lift up the antenna at bottom of phone
- remove screw on keyboard panel
- gently pry up keyboard back
- Gently lift keyboard panel up and out
- Tilt phone up to drop keyboard out.
- slide screen up and remove 2 screws hidden under covers
- slide screen to half position and remove 3 screws that are shown
- Use guitar pick and slide around top back cover to release plastic lock points
- Gently fold top and bottom apart so LCD board is exposed.
- You should now see the Flex Cable connector on the LCD electronics board
- To replace the top assembly with LCD screen and touch screen, the flex cable connector will need to be de-soldered at the 2 point shown in the picture below
- The connector will need to be unlocked by flipping little black bar up away from cable.
- Remove the flex cable by gently sliding it out of the connector. Be careful not to damage the contacts
- You are now at the point where you can connect the new top assembly
- firmly seat the flex cable into the connector on the top assembly and lock into place.
- Solder the two point of the connector to the LCD board.
- Fold the bottom cover back on the top cover and over the LCD board.
- Snap covers together by pressing around the outer edge.
- Slide LCD screen out and install the 2 screws
- Slide LCD screen to half position and install the 3 screws
- Install keyboard back in. Make sure that it is seated into the 2 posts on each side.
- Install keyboard back cover in, Make sure connectors for camera and and keyboard are up and out of the way.
- Install antenna back into place by lining up and pushing down into place
- Install screw on keyboard back cover
- Install flex cable back on to main board
- Lay main board back down, making sure the keyboard, camera and antenna connectors are not underneath
- Reconnect connectors
- Tilt back housing and slide over headphone port and slide back towards battery compartment.
- Snap down back cover by gently pressing down all around the back cover corners. Make sure the charge port and head jack covers are up and out of the way.
- install 6 screws on back cover
- Install battery and battery cover
- power on phone and try it out
- if the touch screen is not responsive you will have to take phone back apart and reseat touch screen connector firmly into place and lock down
- if screen is white, reseat the flex cable
After reading through the guide and are ready to purchase a replacement LCD screen check out the ones for sale below.
|No items matching the keyword phrase "u940 front housing display lcd" were found. This could be due to the keyword phrase used, or could mean your server is unable to communicate with Ebays RSS2 Server.
Good Luck and leave a comment or contact us if you have questions.
Disclaimer: Disassembling your Samsung Glyde U940 will void the warranty. Proceed with the following instructions at you own risk. www.crackedlcdrepair.com is not liable for any damage that may occur. This website is in no way related to or associated with Samsung or any Mobile Carrier.
I specialize in repairing LG and Samsung LCD monitors and need some extra schematics, tips and ideas to make my job more efficient. Is there any guide on the subject of LCD repairs that covers it in greater detail?